IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line
When fast-growing companies need scalable managed IT solutions, they come to us. When the world went remote and companies needed cloud tech solutions to work from home, they came to us. When scaling companies need to develop and deploy a cloud first scalable IT strategy, they come to us.
Can you see the pattern here? Yes! We are rather good at what we do and love having fun with tech to solve challenges. Come and join us and work for an IT & Cloud solutions company that pushes boundaries, innovates and who championed remote working from day one.
The Second Line Engineer is a role of variation and challenge. There are aspects of 1st Line. 2nd Line and 3rd Line. It is a position of growth in which develops a mature, dependable individual with clear teamworking capabilities and true role model to new starters in the Service Desk team.
The role is a gateway to many career paths, such as, but not limited to; general 3rd line support, skill specialisation, consulting, sales or management.
Primary Role Responsibilities
- Technical ability to resolve issues/requests with and without a guide or procedure.
- Technical ability to support 1st line engineers
- Technical ability to assist Senior 2nd line engineers and Infrastructure
- Document Handling skills in writing procedures and work instructions
- Customer Service 2nd point of contact for customers
- Assisting in Problem Management
- Incident Management
Overview of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide any supporting reports to stake holders as and when required;
- Provide 2nd line technical support to all staff in the first instance by phone or email;
- Answering overflowed incoming calls for all 1st line IT issues from a varied ‘userpool’;
- Have a sympathetic and understanding approach to all service users;
- Produce any follow up actions and escalate as necessary within the business;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles and SLA;
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house;
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected;
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues;
- Support users in the use of computer equipment as and when needed;
- To log all calls on the Zendesk call logging system and maintain full documentation;
- Be able to support 1st line engineers when they need to escalate a request or incident;
- Provide training and assistance for the 1st line team to progress their skillsets.
- To allocate more complex service issues to the 3rd line IT engineers;
- To act at the customer service point of contact between 3rd line and the client.
- Respond to enquiries from clients and help them resolve any hardware or software problems;
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either via phone or email.
- To assist in the completion of light projects such as the onboarding of clients.
Skills & Experience
- Must have worked in a customer-facing IT support role for 2+ years;
- Be familiar with ticket systems, logging and remote management and monitoring processes;
- Deep working knowledge of the Microsoft stack of technology at administrator level, including Windows Server, Exchange, System Centre, Active Directory and Office 365;
- Highly technical around networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP etc.), voice and data communications;
- Light experience in project management;
- ITIL process aware and be able to create and maintain operational support documentation;
In addition, any of the following would be advantageous:
- Previous experience working for an IT managed services provider (MSP)
- Microsoft, Google Workspace, ITIL® 4 Foundation certification
Location & Travel
- Hybrid working style between home and our head office and technical build room in Earl Street, London.
- There will also be an expectancy to attend emergency and planned site visits as required by our customers.
- Travel costs and expenses outside of normal working requirements will be reimbursed.
Please fill in all the fields below as well as uploading a CV and cover letter to be submitted for review.